Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious meaty chili with tomatoes, beans, peppers and more
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 1 lb pork stew meat
- 1 lb lamb stew meat (optional)
- 1 lb bacon (optional)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 2 onions
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (12 ounce) cans beer
- 1 (16 ounce) container salsa
- 1 jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 30 tortilla chips
- 1 loaf garlic bread
- 1 (16 ounce) package four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 4 celery ribs (optional)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans mushrooms (optional)
- Have at least a combo of 3 pounds of stew meat in large mixing bowl, toss with the peanut oil and salt. Set aside.
- Heat a dutch oven over high heat until hot. Add the meat in 3 or 4 batches and brown on all sides, approximately 2 minutes per batch. Once each batch is browned, place the meat in a clean large bowl.
- Chop onions. Chop peppers. Set aside. Chop 2 adobe peppers. Set aside. Optional: Jalapeno pepper, chopped, seeded & membranes removed. Use disposable gloves to handle and chop.
- Once all the meat is brown,ed add the beer to the pot to deglaze the pot. Scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Add onions, cook over medium to medium high heat till carmelized. Add peppers, salsa, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce(from the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce), diced tomatoes, chili beans, pinto beans, tomato paste, seasonings, 2 cans of beer, and meat.
- You can also add celery and mushrooms with water if desired. I would saute the celery with the onion.
- Bring to boil, then down to simmer for about 25 minutes.
- I crush tortilla chips on the bottom of my bowl, and add shredded mexican 4 cheese, and sour cream. Sometimes I even add a dash of hot sauce. I also make garlic bread to serve with it.