Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This Recipe is wonderful and easy. I throw everything in my crockpot and a few hours later - homemade chili! I also top with onions, cheese or salsa. Delicious!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (29 ounce) can pinto beans, with liquid
- 1 (29 ounce) can kidney beans, with liquid
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced green chilis
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 3 medium tomatoes, coursely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot and simmer for 2-3 hours.
- You can also put all ingredients in crock pot and simmer on low for up to 9 hours.
i've been making this recipe for about 5 years, it originated from allrecipes.com - http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chili-I-2/Detail.aspx in 2003 - and is AMAZING. it's the only chili i make, and everyone goes nuts for it. i do add 1 can each of kidney/black/pinto beans for variation, and use espresso and guiness.
This is a very easy and delicious chili recipe.Doesnt last long in this house but when I have had extra it freezes really well.
Mmm this is the best recipe ever! Very tasty and ever so easy to make!