Recipe by klibby91879
I have perfected this recipe over the past couple of years. Everyone likes this chili, even kids like it! Enjoy it with corn bread, cheese, sour cream, or just plain! This is great to serve on any occasion. My friends and family always want me to make this any time we get together.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb sweet sausage
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cut into pieces
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can beans, chili starter (not a pre-made chili)
- 1 (8 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 3 -4 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence, spice (eyeball amount)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (eyeball amount)
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (eyeball amount)
- 1 tablespoon salt and pepper (eyeball amount)
Directions See How It's Made
- cook chopped up bacon in a skillet until 1/2 way cooked. Add ground beef and sweet sausage. Cook thoroughly.
- In a separate skillet, chop peppers and onion, cook in olive oil. Add spices. Cook until vegetables are soft.
- In a large stock pot, put everything above together. Add all of the canned goods. Cut tomatos in half, and squeeze out the juice (the chili doesn't need the extra moisture) chop up tomato halves and add to chili.
- Allow to simmer all together for about 45 minutes uncovered. Taste test as needed, and add more salt, pepper, cayenne to taste. When you add more cayenne, allow to simmer for 5 minutes before tasting, cayenne pepper gets spicier with time. Stir well.
- Serve with Corn bread, cheese, and/or sour cream.