Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is the best chicken tortilla soup I have ever eaten. I've tried countless versions and this is by far what chicken tortilla soup should be. I experimented with many recipes to come up with this one. Please try and see if you agree.
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, snipped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chicken broth or 2 (10 ounce) cans homemade chicken broth
- 2 beef broth
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- monterey jack cheese
- tortilla chips
- In a large pot, boil chicken until done.
- Cool and debone.
- In a skillet, saute onion in oil.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 45 minute.
- to mingle the seasonings.
- Serve with monteray jack cheese and tortilla chips and avocado.