1/8 Photos of The Best Chicken Tortilla Soup
Tortilla soup as it should be.....trust me, everyone loves this....and it's from the Houston Jr. League "Stop and Smell the Rosemary".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 corn tortillas, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 bay leaves
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 large cooked chicken breast halves, shredded
- 1In dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat.
- 2Add the tortillas, garlic, cilantro and onion, cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- 3Add the tomatoes, bringing to a boil.
- 4Add cumin, chili powder and bay leaves.
- 5Add chicken stock and return to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat.
- 7Add salt and cayenne and simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
- 8Remove bay leaves and stir in shredded chicken.
- 9Garnish with Monterrey Jack cheese and avocado, and sour cream and fried tortillas if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.6
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 778.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cooked chicken breast halves