1/1 Photo of The Best Chicken Soup Ever
2 hrs 45 mins
I learned how to make this soup when I was in Ecuador a couple of years ago and it is still the best recipe for chicken soup that I have ever tasted. Please let me know what you think of it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the stock
- 1 (3 -4 lb) whole chickens
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 large juicy tomato
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1 med-small onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 celery, with leafy greens attached
- 3 -4 garlic heads
- 2 bay leaves
- salt, pepper and oregano to taste
For the soup
- 1To make the stock, place all of the ingredients from the first (for the stock) section in a large stockpot. Add just enough water to cover the chicken and let simmer under low heat for approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- 2Turn off the heat and remove the chicken from the stock. Strain the chicken broth and if necessary, skim off any extra fat from the top with a ladle.
- 3Once the chicken is cool enough to handle with your hands, pull the chicken into large chunks and dispose of the skin and bones.
- 4To the stock and chicken chunks, add all the ingredients from the second (for the soup) section of ingredients.
- 5Let simmer for another 20 minutes or so until all the ingredients are cooked thoroughly and the flavors infuse together. Remove from heat and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Chicken Soup Ever
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.7
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 80.2 mg
- Sodium 211.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 24.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: