1/1 Photo of The Best Chicken Saltimbocca
From Williams Sonoma -- I wouldn't Change a thing! Perfecto!! Another Family fav!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts (lightly pounded to an even thickness)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 4 sage leaves, for garnish (optional)
- 2 slices prosciutto, large slices not paper-thin trimmed to fit chicken breasts
- 1/4 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced and trimmed to fit chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio-Sauvignon Blanc
- 1Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Spread the flour on a plate and dredge each breast, coating evenly and shaking off the excess. Set aside.
- 2In a large fry pan or sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt 1 Tbs. of the butter with the olive oil until very hot. Add the chicken breasts and cook until the undersides are golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Turn the chicken breasts over and continue to cook until they feel firm when pressed in the centers, 4 to 6 minutes more.
- 3Reduce the heat to very low. Sprinkle the breasts evenly with the chopped or dried sage. Top each breast with a piece of prosciutto, then divide the cheese slices evenly among the breasts. Cover the pan tightly and cook until the cheese is melted, about 1 1/2 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and tent with aluminum foil, being careful not to allow the foil to touch the cheese.
- 4Increase the heat to high. When the pan is sizzling, add the wine and deglaze the pan, stirring to scrape up any browned bits stuck on the pan bottom. Boil until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the remaining 1 Tbs. butter.
- 5Spoon an equal amount of the sauce over each breast, then garnish with a sage leaf. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Chicken Saltimbocca
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.0
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 146.5 mg
- Sodium 378.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 43.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: