Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from a recipe on allrecipes.com. This is the best chicken salad I've come across yet! The seasonings are right on, and I love the extra crunch the water chestnuts add. I make this regularly during the summer months. Hope you all enjoy this, as well. :)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use low fat)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups chicken breasts, cook and diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts (drained and chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, diced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, salt, poultry seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, and lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, celery, green onions, water chestnuts, and swiss cheese. Add the mayonnaise mixture, and stir to coat. Chill until serving.
Very tasty! I didn't want my usual bland chicken salad, so I thought I'd try this recipe. I liked the seasoning. I bet water chestnuts would be good, but I didn't have any. I added chopped hard boiled egg. I liked the lemon in it too. Thank you.
Made this for lunch this weekend. I used regular onion (didn't have green), used mozzarella cheese and added an apple. It was great. Thanks for posting.
This was soooo tasty! The seasonings were right on! I did omit the water chesnuts because I really don't care for them, and I used shredded cheddar cheese. I'm sure this would be great with just about any cheese you have. Wonderful recipe, Thanks for posting! Made for PAC 2009.