Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A mock of Applebee's chicken quesadillas... with a few of my own ingredients! These are so delicious for an appetizer or for a meal.
- 2 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup monterey jack cheese (you can use 2/3 cups of cheddar cheese if thats all you have)
- 1⁄2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons onions (diced)
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno (you can use green chilis if you don't like it too spicy!)
- 1 slice cooked bacon (crumbled)
- fresh cilantro
- butter tortillas on one side only.
- place one tortilla butter side down on a hot pan.
- top with cheeses first (spread all the way to the edge).
- next add tomatoes.
- add onions on top of tomatoes.
- add bacon.
- finish with jalepenos and fresh cilantro.
- The order of ingredients is important- if you don't add them in this order the filling in the quesadilla tends to fall out!
- cook until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Applebee's quesadillas are my favorite, unfortunately I didn't find these to taste like them. They were really good though. The only problem I had was they didn't stick together all that well-not sure what I did wrong. Thanks for sharing Cady!