Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was restaurant quality. It came out perfectly. The little bit of breading on the tenderloins thickened the sauce. The homemade broth really makes a difference(I cook my chicken with onion, celery and carrot when I make broth) The little bit of cream of mushroom soup or cream add a creaminess. There are plenty of mushrooms and onions. The last time I made it I only had Cream Sherry, but the sweetness was really good. I probably poured a half cup over. The Italian breadcrumbs add that touch of herb that you need for it to really taste like you want it to taste.
- 3 lbs chicken tenderloins
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs (Progresso)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup marsala (or to taste)
- 1 -2 cup homemade chicken broth
- 16 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cream (or cream of mushroom soup)
- Dredge chicken tenderloins, flattened a little with your hand before dredging, in breadcrumbs and saute in 2 tablespoons olive oil (just enough olive oil to cover bottom of the skillet) in a large skillet over medium low heat until lightly browned and beginning to cook on edges, then turn and brown other side. Then turn off heat and leave in the skillet until other ingredients are done.
- Put 1 tablespoon olive oil in another large skillet and saute onions until carmelized, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and salt and pepper them to taste. Cook until tender.
- Add garlic to mushrooms and saute about 1 minute. Remove from skillet and put over chicken which should be done before now.
- Deglaze pan with a little water or wine to get all the juices.
- Add onions, mushrooms, marsala to chicken pan and desired amount of broth. I covered it about half way. I didn't measure. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Simmer for a couple of minutes to blend your flavors. Adjust seasonings, adding more salt and pepper if desired and more wine if desired. Simmer for another couple of minutes if you add wine.
- Stir in cream before serving.
- Serve over noodles or potatoes.