Recipe by WildCook
I just threw a few things together after making too much chicken one night, and this amazing new dish became our favorite. I use the homemade salsa cuz it really gives it my personal touch. It has more flavor than canned or jarred salsa.
- 1 cup salsa (see quick and easy recipe below)
- 1 cup colby cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup lettuce (shredded)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 chicken breasts (sliced, I often use left over chicken from a whole chicken I cooked the night before)
- 1 small onion
- 1 green pepper
- 10 flour tortillas
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄16 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 green onion, sliced
for spice you can add
- jalapenos or pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- On skillet, cook chicken. When its about half way done, add the onions and the pepper. I leave it for about 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, place chicken mixture in serving dish.
- Cheese, sour cream, salsa and lettuce should also be in their own serving dish.
- I heat up my tortillas about 10 seconds in microwave.
- Layer tortilla with sour cream, salsa, chicken mixture and top with lettuce and cheese.
- Stir all ingredient slightly in bowl. Makes about 1 cup.