Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
We used to get together with about 4 other couples every Thanksgiving to celebrate together, because we couldn't be with our families. It became a 20 year tradition. This is one of the dishes that Jean Smith made for us and became a yearly entree.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 946.36 ml roasted chicken meat, deboned and chopped into bite size pieces (I use Tyson Brand)
- 12-15 corn tortillas
- 297.66 g can cream of chicken soup
- 297.66 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 453.59 g cheddar cheese, shredded
- Saute onion and jalapeno chile pepper in butter. Add cut up chicken. Add 2/3 of cheddar cheese to mixture.
- Soften corn tortilas in microwave or fry for 5 seconds in a small amount of oil. Drain on paper towels.
- Fill tortilas with chicken mixture and roll. Place seam down in casserole dish. Continue until all chicken mixture is gone.
- Mix soups and sour cream together and pour over rolled enchiladas. Cook 45 minutes to an hour in a preheat 350º F oven.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cheddar cheese over top and return to oven just until cheese has melted.