Recipe by Feingold Mom
A Pakistani friend gave me this recipe and it is one of our favorites. She turned me onto the friend onions already packaged, which makes it so much easier to make. Also, the marsala seasoning is boxed.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (you can use chicken tenders if easier)
- 1 tablespoon oil (olive, canola, grapeseed)
- 1 cup fried onions (I purchase them already made up, the brand is Chirag)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chicken marsala seasoning (may add more if you like it spicy)
- 1 tomatoes (diced) (optional)
- 3 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Take the fried onions and 1 tablespoon of oil and fry them on medium heat for about 30 seconds. Add the turmeric and Chicken marsala seasoning. Stir for another minute. Add tomato to taste and stir for another minute. Add 1 cup of water and cook until onions are tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add chicken, stir on medium for several minutes. Add another 2 cups of water and let simmer (lowest heat) for 30 minutes.
- This will serve 4 people. I always double this recipe so that the kids have extra for lunch the next day.
- Also, I make my Lebanese rice to go with this. The kids LOVE it!