Feingold Mom's Note:
A Pakistani friend gave me this recipe and it is one of our favorites. She turned me onto the friend onions already packaged, which makes it so much easier to make. Also, the marsala seasoning is boxed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (you can use chicken tenders if easier)
- 1 tablespoon oil (olive, canola, grapeseed)
- 1 cup fried onions (I purchase them already made up, the brand is Chirag)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chicken marsala seasoning (may add more if you like it spicy)
- 1 tomato (diced) (optional)
- 3 cups water
- 1Take the fried onions and 1 tablespoon of oil and fry them on medium heat for about 30 seconds. Add the turmeric and Chicken marsala seasoning. Stir for another minute. Add tomato to taste and stir for another minute. Add 1 cup of water and cook until onions are tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add chicken, stir on medium for several minutes. Add another 2 cups of water and let simmer (lowest heat) for 30 minutes.
- 2This will serve 4 people. I always double this recipe so that the kids have extra for lunch the next day.
- 3Also, I make my Lebanese rice to go with this. The kids LOVE it!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Chicken Curry - Gluten Free
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.1
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 95.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 30.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: