Recipe by 2hot2handle
We've made this recipe so many times I can't even count anymore - often for company - and always to accolades. It seems like a lot of meat, but make it all. If you have company, it will be gone, and if you don't, you'll love the leftovers!
Top Review by Chef Petunia
Excellent marinade.....since it was just 2 of us I cut back on the meat but made the full amount of marinade and added veggies to the remainder. I used cherry tomatoes, red bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, sweet onion and mushrooms. I also used 1/2 red wine vinegar and 1/2 balsamic vinegar. This recipe will definitely be used a lot ~ thank you for sharing.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mild Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano (or use 1 tbsp. fresh oregano)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken and sausage into thick pieces of roughly equal size and place in a large ziploc bag.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the remaining ingredients for the marinade. Pour the marinade into the ziploc bag with the meat, seal and distribute so all of the meat is covered with marinade. Let sit for a minimum of two hours or up to eight.
- When finished marinating, skewer the meat onto metal or wooden skewers, alternating two pieces of sausage, then two pieces of chicken.
- Grill for 20 minutes or until done, turning the kebabs once halfway during cooking.
- Serve on a platter, and take the meat off the skewers at the table. It makes a nice presentation.