Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the best cherry cheese cake I've ever tasted! It's light, creamy and delicious. The recipe was given to me years ago and it's a staple dessert at our house. The recipe serves four but I double it and use a 9"x13" dish which serves 8-10.This is the first dessert to go at potlucks and I am repeatedly asked for the recipe.
- CRUST: Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter.
- Press into bottom of 8"x8" pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes; then cool.
- FILLING: Cream cheese and vanilla together until light.
- Add whipped topping and milk and beat until well mixed.
- Pour into pan and chill.
- Spread cherry pie filling over cheese layer and chill well.
I love this recipe. Definitely need to double or even triple this as it goes fast!!
I double the recipe and i also add sugar to taste, in the filling. My family just loves this one.
Made it last night for DS birthday. I must have done something wrong. Probably where it says Dream Whip, whipped. So to whip Dream Whip you add 1/2 cup of milk which is not in the recipe. I tried it with the 2 tbs. but that doesn't whip. So I put in the milk. The darn thing did not set up - made it the night before. Tasted ok but we had to scoop it. Probably all my "bad" but it was disappointing.