Recipe by Carrie Ann
This is the best cherry cheese cake I've ever tasted! It's light, creamy and delicious. The recipe was given to me years ago and it's a staple dessert at our house. The recipe serves four but I double it and use a 9"x13" dish which serves 8-10.This is the first dessert to go at potlucks and I am repeatedly asked for the recipe.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter (I use a little bit more)
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 envelope Dream Whip, whipped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 can cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- CRUST: Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter.
- Press into bottom of 8"x8" pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes; then cool.
- FILLING: Cream cheese and vanilla together until light.
- Add whipped topping and milk and beat until well mixed.
- Pour into pan and chill.
- Spread cherry pie filling over cheese layer and chill well.