Recipe by Chef 495452
This cheese dip is awesome. It's from my older sister and her husband. We absolutely love it and are hooked on it. We have it at family get togethers and my husband and I normally make it when we decide to have a mexican dinner or lunch. He loves the dip and I believe you and your family will too. This recipe makes alot of dip so I half the recipe for my husband and I and we still have leftovers. You can make this on the stovetop, that's the cooking time I gave or let it cook in a crockpot on LOW for a few hours. Just continue to stir it regardless if you cook it on the stove or in a crockpot.
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel original tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup (I use the less sodium one but you can use regular)
- 1 lb ground sausage (HOT is excellent, or you can use mild)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage. Drain sausage and Rotel (make sure its drained really well).
- Put all ingredients in a pot on the stovetop for about 45 minutes and continue to stir or in a crockpot on low for about 3 hours. Serve with tortilla chips.
- **When I make this for my husband and I, I heat it on low on the stovetop, it takes about 45 minutes maybe less. (Make sure you shred the cheese or cut it up in small pieces or it will take a while to melt.).
- **You can make this on the stovetop, that's the cooking time I gave or let it cook in a crockpot on LOW for a few hours. Just continue to stir it regardless if you cook it on the stove or in a crockpot.