Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I never ate Cauliflower, it was one of those veg that your mum had bribe you into eating as a child! So last week I went out for a pre-theatre meal and guess what the first set menu had on it Cauliflower soup! so ordered it and was shocked to discover this soup was delicious and tasty, so decided to try it out at home with my own touches thrown in! Tip - if you want a bit more spice leave out nutmeg and add 1 Tbsp of curry power after cooking the onion for 1 min! enjoy!
- Using a deep saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add chopped onion cook until soft,but not brown about 5mins.
- Add chopped garlic cloves.
- Place the cauliflower and chopped potato into the saucepan, followed by chicken stock and milk and bring to the boil.
- Cover the soup and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is soft.
- Puree the mixture, add the nutmeg,.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper and add a sprinkling of chopped parsley and grated cheese. Serve it warm with crusty bread.
Although this soup is lush - I make mine so easily and with just 3 ingredients.......cauliflower, water and stock cubes from your cupboard.....no spices, no butter, no milk and no oils just cut y caulli up, roughly cut yr onion put into saucepan and cover with water. Crumble yr stock cube/s in, bring to boil then simmer about half hour......blend it all down season with salt to taste......easy peasy and thick n silky soup with nearly zero calls and fat free. Great for dieters, great for starters and soo filling
This was my first time making such soup, I loved it ! it was a big hit during dinner ? will make it again for sure !
You'll never have to beg me to eat cauliflower; I love it and always have! This soup has a lovely flavor and silky texture. Just the right thickness. I used fat free half and half for the milk but that's all I did differently. The parsley garnish adds a nice splash of color and flavor. Thanx for sharing!