Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my husbands favorite! He requests it at least once a week!
Make and share this The Best Casserole Ever! recipe from Food.com.
- Brown beef in a frying pan and season with pepper and salt- drain all the fat.
- Butter a casserole dish.
- Layer the beef, potatoes and corn and onion, alternating the ingredients in each layer (beef, potatoes, corn,onion, beef, potatoes, corn, etc) until you reach the top of the casserole dish.
- Mix the two soups together with the milk until creamy and pour over the casserole. MAKE SURE TO GET THE SOUPS TO SIFT THROUGHT THE CASSEROLE - MAKING LITTLE HOLES FOR IT TO GET TO THE BOTTOM.
- COVER THE CASSEROLE WITH TIN-FOIL.
- Bake at 350F for one hour or until the potatoes are done.
This is an easy recipe, I had all of the ingredients on hand. However, it was BLAND! I even added swiss cheese as suggested by another reviewer. If I were desperate I might make this again, but I would probably add some mild green chilies or something to make it more flavorful.
The only thing we did differnt fron the recipe is to use venison and used 2lbs of it in a 13 by 9 dish, it was a little heaped up in the middle but was definately GOOD, next time we are going to add a little cheese to it and also thinking about substituing one can of corn for a can of peas.
This was excellent! Nice change from pasta casseroles. I added some chopped onion to the ground beef when I browned it. The recipe doesn't state what size potatoes to use, and I think I probably put in more than I should have but it didn't hurt it. I just had a very full pan. I used a 9x13" baking pan. Great recipe, Christina!