Recipe by Graybert
This is my husbands favorite! He requests it at least once a week!
Top Review by dallice
This is an easy recipe, I had all of the ingredients on hand. However, it was BLAND! I even added swiss cheese as suggested by another reviewer. If I were desperate I might make this again, but I would probably add some mild green chilies or something to make it more flavorful.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 5 potatoes, sliced in rounds
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef in a frying pan and season with pepper and salt- drain all the fat.
- Butter a casserole dish.
- Layer the beef, potatoes and corn and onion, alternating the ingredients in each layer (beef, potatoes, corn,onion, beef, potatoes, corn, etc) until you reach the top of the casserole dish.
- Mix the two soups together with the milk until creamy and pour over the casserole. MAKE SURE TO GET THE SOUPS TO SIFT THROUGHT THE CASSEROLE - MAKING LITTLE HOLES FOR IT TO GET TO THE BOTTOM.
- COVER THE CASSEROLE WITH TIN-FOIL.
- Bake at 350F for one hour or until the potatoes are done.