- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 8 carrots (peeled, grated)
- 2 plum tomatoes (chopped)
- 4 cups chicken stock (MUST be homemade!)
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a pot. Add the onion and garlic. Saute 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and tomatoes. Saute 5 minutes.
- Add Stock, salt and pepper, nutmeg and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Puree. Return to pot.
- Add the milk and sour cream. Heat through, but DO NOT BOIL.