Recipe by Chef Nej
A delicious carrot cake that everyone will beg for over and over again. Do not skip on the homemade icing....
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups carrots (FINELY shredded and lightly packed)
- 3⁄4 cup cooking oil (canola is best)
cream cheese frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 -6 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Allow eggs to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Grease and lightly flour 2 9x1 1/2" round cake pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, carrots and oil.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stir until combined. Add in pecans and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes on wire racks. Remove from pans and cool completely.
- Meanwhile beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add the powdered sugar.
- Frost the top and side of one cake. Put the other cake layer on top then frost top and side.
- Cover and store cake in the refrigerator.