Recipe by podapo
think I found this in a magazine or it was given to me years ago, absolutely lives up to it's name.
Top Review by mizjmassie
I have been using this recipe minus the raisins for over 10 years and it is absolutely the best recipe I have ever tasted or made. I also double the cream cheese for the icing to cut down on the sweetness a tad bit, but I have made just like the recipe calls for.
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 1⁄4 cups raisins
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 -4 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, beat eggs, oil and buttermilk.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, add to egg mixture and mix well.
- Stir in vanilla, carrots, raisins, pineapple, walnuts and coconut, mix well.
- Pour into greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until cake tests done.
- For frosting, beat all ingredients (except walnuts) in a mixing bowl until smooth, frost cake.
- Sprinkle top with chopped walnuts.