Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy inexpensive side dish goes great with grilled foods and grilled bread for the juice !!!!
- 1814.36 g calamari, cleaned and skinned
- 118.29 ml diced red onion
- 2 fresh jalapenos, minced seeds and veins removed
- 236.59 ml red bell pepper, diced seeds and veins removed
- 1 cucumber, peeled seeds removed diced
- 118.29 ml celery, diced
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, diced
- salt and pepper
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- 44.37 ml champagne vinegar
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pressed garlic cloves
- Clean calamari remove the fins and skin.
- If you wish to use the tenacles cut them off above the eyes remove the hard center.
- Cut the calamari into small rings.
- Cook the calamari in boiling salted water for approx 1 minute drain and rinse under cold water.
- Put into serving bowl add all the chopped ingredients stir to combine.
- In a small bowl add vinegar and lemon juice wish in olive oil to make an emulsion
- add to salad and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving.