Prep 5 mins
Cook 53 mins
From the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. I haven't made it yet. They said some have dared call it "the best cake ever"!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 German chocolate bar (grated)
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Mix first six ingredients.
- Fold in chips and 3/4 of the grated chocolate.
- Pour into greased angel food pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle on remaining chocolate and sugar and bake 3 more minutes.
This cake is "Out of this World"!!!!!! Very easy to put together and bake. Had a little trouble getting the cake out of the angel food pan. My pan is ancient and aluminum, to boot. Might have been better off to grease it down with oil. Oh well, didn't hurt a thing. Might well be "The Best Cake Ever"! It's big, and moist, and CHOCOLATEY!! YUM! Thanks for posting. Laudee C.
My son and husband were speechless. My son finally said he was shocked when he bit into his piece at how good it was. My husband was equally as impressed. I've already been asked to make one for my son to have all to himself tomorrow. Very easy for something so good.