1/3 Photos of The Best Butterscotch Banana Bread
1 hr 10 mins
I've had this recipe for years...it's absolutely the best!!! No need for cream cheese or frosting...mmmmmm good! I keep butterscotch chips on hand just for this recipe. My boys love it when we have overripe bananas...they know what's coming!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mash the ripe bananas; set aside.
- 2Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; set aside.
- 3Combine mashed bananas, sugar, eggs and melted butter. Blend well.
- 4Alternately blend flour mixture and milk. Stir in nuts (if using) and butterscotch chips, but leaving a little behind to sprinkle on top.
- 5Pour into greashed 9-1/2-inch loaf pan.
- 6Sprinkle top with reserved nuts and chips.
- 7Bake at 350° for 60 minutes (or shorter time for smaller loaves).
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Butterscotch Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3108.2
- Calories from Fat 995
- Total Fat 110.6 g
- Saturated Fat 75.6 g
- Cholesterol 502.5 mg
- Sodium 3255.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 492.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 294.2 g
- Protein 44.0 g