Recipe by Charmie777
I've had this recipe for years...it's absolutely the best!!! No need for cream cheese or frosting...mmmmmm good! I keep butterscotch chips on hand just for this recipe. My boys love it when we have overripe bananas...they know what's coming!
Top Review by SweetsLady
Yummy, yummy! I made the bread into 12 huge muffins and used the whole bag of butterscotch chips with no nuts. This was a great and yummy way to use up my overripe bananas. Thanks, Charmie!!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 6 ounces butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash the ripe bananas; set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; set aside.
- Combine mashed bananas, sugar, eggs and melted butter. Blend well.
- Alternately blend flour mixture and milk. Stir in nuts (if using) and butterscotch chips, but leaving a little behind to sprinkle on top.
- Pour into greashed 9-1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Sprinkle top with reserved nuts and chips.
- Bake at 350° for 60 minutes (or shorter time for smaller loaves).