Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I received this recipe from a friend.They are so addicting and fry up perfectly. I don't think I've ever tasted better! Add some honey butter and I'm in heaven! You'll love them!
- 4 cups buttermilk (room temp or warmer)
- 3 tablespoons dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8 cups flour (more if needed)
- Mix yeast, sugar and water together and let sit 5 minutes.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Roll and cut into desired size.
- Deep fry in oil until light brown on each side.