Prep 1 hr
Cook 8 mins
This is from a dairy/butter ad some years ago.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Cream butter and sugar in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture; mix well.
- Divide dough in fourths.
- Roll out one-fourth of dough at a time on lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. (Keep remaining dough refrigerated.)
- Cut into desired shapes with floured cookie cutters.
- Place 1 inch apart on unbuttered cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool completely.
- Decorate as desired.
- Store in cool place in airtight metal containers up to 1 month. Freeze up to 3 months.