Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe that I've tweaked based on the many other recipes for Butter Chicken that I have tried. Since our year abroad, we have searched for a butter chicken recipe that comes close to the one we loved. This is not the same vibrant orange colour, but it is AMAZING!
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 large chicken breasts, diced into bite size pieces
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 9.85 ml ginger
- 9.85 ml cumin
- 9.85 ml turmeric
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml garam masala
- 382.71 g can coconut milk
- 29.58 ml mild curry paste (or butter chicken curry paste)
- Melt butter in large frying pan.
- Sweat the onions until clear.
- Meanwhile, mix spices together in a large bowl or resealable bag (leave out the garam masala).
- Cover chicken with spice mixture
- Add chicken to the butter and onions.
- Cook over medium heat until golden.
- Add coconut milk and curry paste, stir.
- Add garam masala.
- Let simmer for ten minutes.
- Serve over rice with warmed Naan bread.
Very easy and lots of flavour in this Butter Chicken! Somehow I was expecting tomatoes in the recipe, but this recipe certainly needs nothing more, I loved the use of coconut milk, and we found this a delicious dinner, served over white rice. Thanks, wildgerbil, good recipe, enjoyed for Spring PAC 2013
Loved this dish, and it was so easy! This is a mild curry, no fire due to the coconut milk, which helps DH to avoid reflux. The complexity of the spices helps to keep the blood sugar level. I will definitely make this again, I always have these ingredients on hand. Made for I Recommend tag game based on the recommendation of Karen Elizabeth.
I made this for my husband who loved the butter chicken packet mix but that recipe has been modified and is not nice now. <br/>I loved this recipe and will definately be making it again. Hubby is not a spicy food fan so he didn't like it even though it is super mild. Highly recommend this recipe to everyone who likes yummy food. 10/10!