1/3 Photos of The Best Butter Chicken
This is a recipe that I've tweaked based on the many other recipes for Butter Chicken that I have tried. Since our year abroad, we have searched for a butter chicken recipe that comes close to the one we loved. This is not the same vibrant orange colour, but it is AMAZING!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 large chicken breasts, diced into bite size pieces
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste (or butter chicken curry paste)
- 1Melt butter in large frying pan.
- 2Sweat the onions until clear.
- 3Meanwhile, mix spices together in a large bowl or resealable bag (leave out the garam masala).
- 4Cover chicken with spice mixture
- 5Add chicken to the butter and onions.
- 6Cook over medium heat until golden.
- 7Add coconut milk and curry paste, stir.
- 8Add garam masala.
- 9Let simmer for ten minutes.
- 10Serve over rice with warmed Naan bread.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Butter Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 686.0
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 108.0 mg
- Sodium 763.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 53.1 g
- Protein 32.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mild curry paste