Recipe by Ted
My family and friends love burgers, and always bugged me to make an even better burger... until I came up with this recipe!
Top Review by OctoberBride
These were simple and good. I actually had pickapeppa sauce on hand, as well as the McCormicks. I made 4 burgers and froze them so that I can just pull them out as needed. We made 2 last night and my husband thought they were tasty. I was too embarassed to tell him how easy they were. :)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Pickapeppa Sauce, brand sauce
- 4 slices extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 buns
- assorted condiments
Directions See How It's Made
- A note: The Pickapeppa Sauce used in this recipe is basically a thicker and spicier worcester sauce that I found at the supermarket one day. If you want to attempt to make your own, you will need to mix worcester sauce, hot sauce (I like Cholula!), tomato paste, and brown sugar. I've never tried to, I just buy the sauce.
- Combine the ground beef with the steak seasoning and Pickapeppa Sauce.
- Make four equal patties and grill or pan fry till they have reached what is, to you, the pinnacle of doneness. I like medium-rare.
- Two minutes prior to removing the patties, add a slice of cheddar to each, and toast or grill the buns.
- Serve with your favorite condiments! My friends and family like dill relish or barbecue sauce.