Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Let me start by saying I am not a fan of Brussels Sprouts. I made this recipe one Christmas as my mom loves them. I was impressed and amazed on how these turned out. So for all of you "non brussels sprouts fans" give this a try.
- 1 medium onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, cheese-finely shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat a 1 1/2 quart oval baking dish.
- In a 12" skillet cook onion and garlic in butter over medium heat for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in brussels sprouts and thyme.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until onions begin to brown.
- Add broth, bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes or until broth is nearly evaporated.
- Add whipping cream and nutmeg.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Transfer to a prepared baking dish.
- Stir in half of the cheese, all of the salt and pepper. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until brussels sprouts are tender.
I give this 5 stars. It doesn't have the taste of bitter to these sprouts at all. They are so YUMMY!!! I even called my mother in law to let her know because she loves Brussels sprouts. These are so flavor full. :)
These take brussel sprouts to a whole new level. The best I ever had these should rate 10 stars!! Ymmny..
My husband and I thought this is a very good keeper for brussle sprouts. It is a rich dish, and I used half of the thyme since I don't care too much for its strong flavor, but it really worked in this recipe. Thank you for helping our brussle sprouts!