Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wonderful warm mouthfuls of boozy chocolate goodness.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua or 1⁄4 cup other coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1Place the butter and chocolate in a medium microwave safe bowl. Heat covered at 30 second intervals stirring each time until melted.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs and sugar for one minute, the add Kahlua and cooled chocolate mixture and blend until smooth.
- Add flour baking powder and salt. Beat until just blended Do not over beat! Stir in nuts.
- Pour into a greased pan smoothing even with a spatula.
- Bake at 350°F 25-30 minutes.
I love cooking with Kahlua and these brownies did not disappoint! Talk about chocolate heaven!!! I wrapped them up individually so we would not be tempted to over indulge. YUM! Will definitely make these wonderful brownies again! Made for Spring PAC, 2012.
I am now officially a subscriber to your cookbook recipes! This one takes the cake... so to speak!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
This was ridiculously easy, and had the perfect gooey brownie consistency. Next time I think I will throw in just a little more Kahlua. Delicious, but not QUITE boozy enough for a lush like me. Oh, and the pecans should NOT be optional. They add the perfect bit of crunch.