Recipe by Danielle LaPointe
Wonderful warm mouthfuls of boozy chocolate goodness.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
I love cooking with Kahlua and these brownies did not disappoint! Talk about chocolate heaven!!! I wrapped them up individually so we would not be tempted to over indulge. YUM! Will definitely make these wonderful brownies again! Made for Spring PAC, 2012.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua or 1⁄4 cup other coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1Place the butter and chocolate in a medium microwave safe bowl. Heat covered at 30 second intervals stirring each time until melted.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs and sugar for one minute, the add Kahlua and cooled chocolate mixture and blend until smooth.
- Add flour baking powder and salt. Beat until just blended Do not over beat! Stir in nuts.
- Pour into a greased pan smoothing even with a spatula.
- Bake at 350°F 25-30 minutes.