Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
I cut this recipe out of a magazine a few years ago. I have never made it the exact same way twice. It is practically impossible to mess up, and it tastes AMAZING!!! Make sure you like coffee. An added bonus is it only takes one bowl to mix in!
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- 1 1⁄2 ounces white chocolate (optional)
- Preheat to 375°F.
- Line bottom and sides of 9 inch square baking pan with nonstick foil.
- In glass bowl, microwave baking chocolate and butter on high two minutes until melted; whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in espresso powder.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, coffee liqueur, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in flour and nuts.
- Spread in the pan. Bake 22 minutes then cool on a rack.
- If you want, you can melt the white chocolate and put it in a small food storage bag.
- Seal the bag and snip off a small corner.
- Drizzle the brownies with the chocolate, and then refrigerate for 10 minutes to set the chocolate.