Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the best recipe EVER. It came from a 9x13 Recipe Book with a few tweaks of my own. I have made these brownies now for over 10 years. They are always requested for all special gatherings.
- 4 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Set aside to cool.
- Beat together eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Stir in chocolate mixture and then flour & nuts; combine well.
- SPECIAL TIP: Line a 9x13 glass pan with parchment paper. This allows easy removal of brownies. Spoon mixture into 9x13 pan and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
- HINT: These brownies are so very fudgy I find that putting the brownies in the freezer (after they have cooled) for about 30 min helps with making a clean cut.
These are a simple, basic brownie that would be good for kids to make. I found them to be very fudgy in texture, though not very complex in flavor. Made for Spring '08 PAC
My kids and I just devoured a long row of these fresh out of the oven, I made without walnuts, and used semisweet squares and decreased the sugar to compensate. I lined with parchment paper which was very helpful, but I didn't find these to be fudgy, but cakelike, but very good.