Cook2 hrs 20 mins
I originally found this recipe at Recipe Goldmine but have added and subtracted after trial and error. The original recipe called for a 10 oz pkg of frozen peas to be added during the last 15 minutes of cooking. I usually add a little rosemary and cayenne. Can add the spices you wish. This is very good!
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb cubed beef stew meat
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 carrot, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery, with a few minced leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 pinch thyme
- 3 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- Put flour, salt and pepper in a large ziploc bag.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large dutch oven.
- Place meat in bag with the flour and shake until well coated.
- Shake off meat pieces and add them to the oil and stir until slightly browned, Add remaining flour from the bag and the finely chopped onion.
- Stir until well browned.
- Add finely chopped carrot and next 4 ingredients.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 1 1/2 hours (stirring every 15 minutes).
- Add diced potatoes, carrots, and onions, cook for another 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.