Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
I was clicking through forums to find a new way to cook broccoli and stumbled on a link to a website that hasn't been updated since 1996... We decided to go for it and the result was broccoli that people consumed as if it was candy. Asian-tart-crunchy-slightly-spicy-candy. Credit to www.johnrussell.name
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Bring large pan of salted water to a boil.
- Cut broccoli into florets.
- Add broccoli to boiling water and blanch for 1 minute. Drain.
- In a large skillet, warm sesame oil, garlic, and red pepper over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce and lemon juice. Add broccoli, toss to coat.
We love broccoli and I'm always looking for a new way to cook it. This was a simple recipe that made some yummy broccoli. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2014.