1/3 Photos of The Best Bread Bowls for the Bread Machine
2 hrs 20 mins
I had been searching for a good bread bowl to use with a Zuppa Toscana Soup recipe that I have and I was shocked to see that Zaar didn't have so many. I finally found one that was suited my needs from Taste of Home. I've tweeked it a bit and now can make them easily with the help of my bread machine. The bread is somewhat sweet, great for chili, but if you don't like it so sweet, cut the sugar down to 2 Tbsp. I look forward to your comments.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the egg and place along with milk and water in microwave container. Microwave for 40 seconds on high. Or you can warm the milk & water how you prefer and bring egg to room temperature. Place in bread machine in accordance to your machine, or follow ingredients as I have listed.
- 2Add remaining ingredients and set on dough cycle. This is a 1.5 pound recipe.
- 3Once cycle is complete, take out dough to a floured surface & cut into 4 equal sizes. Don't work the dough too much, just enough to shape into rounds. Spread a thin layer of cornmeal on baking pan. Place all four dough rounds on pan and cover with thin towel to let rise in non-drafty area for about an hour.
- 4Once doubled, bake in pre-heated oven at 350º for 20-25 minutes. If you are a higher elevation, bake 325º for 15-20 minutes. Or until golden brown.
- 5Remove from pan and place on cooling rack.
- 6For the bowls, cut a thin layer across top and hollow out to about 1/4-1/2 inch in thickness. Fill with your favorite chili, chowder, or stew.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Bread Bowls for the Bread Machine
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.0
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 72.4 mg
- Sodium 658.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 13.1 g