1/1 Photo of The Best Bowl of Chili I've Ever Had...
Dee Licious's Note:
I actually took 5 chili recipes and took out all the things I didn't like and kept all the things I did. This has become my very own version of the perfect bowl of chili!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large chopped onion (yellow or white)
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute (or sugar)
- 1 cup dark beer (Newcastle or ?)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or Mexican mix)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Cook ground beef in large frying pan.
- 2While cooking, stir and chop beef with spatula to crumble.
- 3Continue cooking for about 7 minutes or until the meat is brown and cooked through.
- 4Add the onion, garlic, chili powder, salt, cumin, oregano, cayenne, and tabasco.
- 5Cook while stirring, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 6Transfer to large pot. Add the Kidney beans (juice and all), canned tomatoes (juice and all), the tomato paste, jalapenos (yep, juice and all), splenda (or sugar), and beer.
- 7Stir well and bring to a boil.
- 8Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 9Top individual bowls of chili with a dollop of sour cream and a generous sprinkle of cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Bowl of Chili I've Ever Had...
Serving Size: 1 (548 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 840.6
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 148.7 mg
- Sodium 1774.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.9 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 54.7 g