Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
These are the best tasting beef ribs I have ever had in my entire life. This recipe was given to me by a dear friend, which was passed on to her in her family. I usually double this recipe when I make it. It's great in the oven or in the crockpot! I like to use the boneless beef spare ribs.
- 2 lbs boneless ribs
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup whiskey
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a slow boil. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Double wrap ribs in aluminum foil, place in a 9x13-inch baking dish and bake for 1 1/2 hours in a 350°F oven.
- Remove ribs from the aluminum foil.
- Place ribs and sauce in a roaster and bake uncovered for 45 minutes in a 350°F oven.
OMG...these were the best ribs I ever made. I placed the boneless ribs on my grill to make grill marks, made the sauce and placed ribs, sauce in a crock pot for 6 or so hours. Great part was the leftovers that were reheated the next day were even better tasting then the actual day I made them. My wife told me that this recipe was a keeper and to make it when ever I liked...Totally Delicious!!! :)
OMG!! Delicious, tender. I doubled the recipe. I did not have enough chili sauce so I substituted the remaining with 1/2 cup Asian chili garlic sauce. I was hesitant to simmer the boneless short ribs without searing but it was amazing simmering very low for 1 hour; ribs in double foil wrap for 2 hours then using a large roasting pan (needed to allow to reduce) with ribs with the sauce for 1 hour basting 3 times. So tender and the Asian chili garlic sauce gave it a kick. Oh my very delicious. I froze half with sauce. I will be making this again and again!!
Changed up the recipe some, used low sodium soy and applecider vinegar to cover some of the whiskey and sugar. too much sugar for me:) smells good and should be good substitutes. Thanks for the recipe