Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is the simplest and best way to make a ham. It even seems to make the ham less salty.
- 1 (4 lb) ham (smoked or cured type with bone or without but not spiral sliced)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup yellow mustard
- 1 (2 liter) bottle carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 1 (1 3/8 liter) can pineapple juice
- Place the ham in a pot large enough to hold it without it sticking up out of the liquid you are going to add. (If you are using a boneless ham please pierce it with a fork several times to allow the flavor to get inside the meat).
- To the pot add the lemon lime soda, pineapple juice, mustard and brown sugar. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Bring to the boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook at least 2 hours - longer is better.