Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, at room temp
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml milk
- 591.47 ml fresh blueberries or 591.47 ml frozen blueberries
- 14.79 ml granulated sugar, mixed with
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Grease 18 regular-size muffin cups (or 12 large size muffins).
- In bowl, mix butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
- Beat in vanilla, baking powder and salt.
- With spoon, fold in half of flour then half of milk into batter; repeat.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle topping onto each muffin.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and springy to touch.
Twice the milk makes a fantastic blueberry cake! I accidentally used twice as much milk, so I poured it into a pan and baked for 20 min, hoping for the best. Out came the most delicious blueberry cake I've ever had.
These are very good and quite unique. Not really a muffin. By utilizing the creaming method then alternating the flour and milk they are really a yellow cup cake with blueberries.
Oh my....heaven! These mildly sweet and moist muffins are better than the ones that are sold at the local coffee store! You should have heard us ooohhing and aahhhing while we ate these this morning for breakfast. I baked the muffins for 25 minutes and the only thing that I did differently is that I topped the muffins with a generous sprinkle of sugar in the raw. This is the best recipe that I've tried so far from Recipezaar!