Recipe by coolbeans
These are the best muffins I've ever had! I ate the whole tray. I stole it from a similar recipe, but I changed most of it to make it healthier. and better.
Top Review by lsb1111
they were not the best blueberry muffins I've ever had. A plus was the sugar and nutmeg on top. Cinnamon is an ingredient listed, but doesn't say how much. There's also a typo, which I took to mean flour instead of milk. Wouldn't ever make them again
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce (nearly)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup thawed blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- sugar (turbinado is better)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray 6 regular sized muffin cups with canola oil.
- Beat together margarine, applesauce, and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the egg white, one at a time for a larger recipe.
- Beat in vanilla, lemon juice, salt, and baking powder.
- Sprinkle in a few dashes of cinnamon.
- Fold in milk and buttermilk with a spoon, don't overstir.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Put into muffin cups, then sprinkle with nutmeg and sugar.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.