Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are truly the best blueberry muffins I have ever made. I think that the secret is using honey instead of sugar for the sweetener. My daughter, who hates honey, begs me to make these!
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup liquid honey
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; stir in the lemon rind and blueberries.
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter and honey.
- Beat in the eggs; whisk in the milk.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients; pour in the milk mixture.
- Stir just until no dry spots remain; do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into greased or paper cup-lined muffin cups, filling three-quarters full.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Let stand 10 minutes in the pan on a wire rack.
Very good, the honey lemon is a great combo and not too sweet. Baked at 350 for 20 minutes. perfect.
Really good! I adjusted my temp to 350 and time to 25 minutes, based on someone else's review. I substituted a powdered-lemon product called True Lemon because I had no lemon zest on hand. They are not overly sweet, and they make a great breakfast food.
Nice tasty muffin, the honey is a nice addition and gives them great flavour. Thanks for sharing.