Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe years ago and make it several times during blueberry season. The flavor is very fresh.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I use 1/4 tsp)
- 2 1⁄2 cups blueberries, mash 1/2 cup with a fork
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Heat oven to 375º. Grease 12 regular muffin cups, including the area between each cup. I grease my cupcake liners too.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter until creamy. Beat in the sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix mashed berries into batter.
- Fold in half the flour with a spatula, then half the milk. Add the remaining flour and milk. Fold in remaining blueberries.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let muffins cool at least 30 minutes in the pan before removing.
They were pretty good buy my toddler is still stuck on more of a cakey type muffin so I need to find a recipe like that!
i made this recipe 2 times the first i used baking soda (by accident loved the taste!) 2nd time used baking powder (didn't like the taste so much) changing it to baking soda added 1 teas. after vanilla and added 1 teas. with flour.
My husband said these were the "best Blueberry muffins ever!" I also made some in a mini-miffin pan that were gone in minutes. Froze and re=heated well, also.