The Best Blueberry Muffins
- Heat oven to 375º. Grease 12 regular muffin cups, including the area between each cup. I grease my cupcake liners too.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter until creamy. Beat in the sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix mashed berries into batter.
- Fold in half the flour with a spatula, then half the milk. Add the remaining flour and milk. Fold in remaining blueberries.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let muffins cool at least 30 minutes in the pan before removing.