1/4 Photos of The Best Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
I am such a sucker for visuals. I saw these pancakes being made on a cooking show this morning (Cookworks), dashed out to buy fresh blueberries, and made these for dinner tonight. They did not disappoint! Try them; they're delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Please note that you'll also need additional unsalted butter to grease your skillet (you could also use nonstick cooking spray like Pam; I did some with butter and some with Pam and all worked fine and tasted great).
- 2In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, and salt (I do this through a sieve, not with a sifter).
- 3After melted butter has cooled down, beat the eggs with the buttermilk in a separate bowl then whisk in the melted butter.
- 4Using a wooden spoon or a spatula, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine just until you have a lumpy batter; do NOT overmix.
- 5Over medium-high heat, heat some butter in a large skillet (you could use a griddle too, of course).
- 6For each pancake, use a generous 1/4 cup of batter; after spooning batter into skillet, sprinkle top of each pancake with blueberries and press them in slightly.
- 7I was quite generous with sprinkling the blueberries, then when I got to my last pancake I found I didn't have many left, so you may want to have some extra blueberries on hand.
- 8Cook each pancake for approximately 2 minutes per side; the length of time will depend on how hot you have the heat, how well your skillet retains the heat, etc.
- 9Keep pancakes warm in a low oven as you make them, then serve; best when served with real maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.1
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 85.6 mg
- Sodium 546.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 9.3 g