Recipe by TinaBee08
I got this out of a magazine and changed it around a bit to make it better. Most blondies use melted butterscotch chips but instead you create an authentic rich butterscotch flavor by boiling butter and brown sugar together. These go great with some vanilla ice cream! Most people don't know what a blondie is so I tell them it's like if a cookie and a brownie made a baby haha.
- 1⁄3 cup oat flour (just grind up oatmeal in a food processor-just make sure you measure after it's ground)
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar (light if you want blonder blondies! haha)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar (light if you want blonder blondies! haha)
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- chocolate chips, 1 big handful
Directions See How It's Made
- heat over to 350*F.
- Coat a 8X8 inch (I use a glass pan and pam it lightly).
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients and wisk them together.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter over medium heat and then stir in the brown sugar, bring it to a boil and reduce the heat and stir for 1 min or 2.
- In a large bowl mix the egg and the vanilla together.
- Slowly wisk the butter and brown sugar into the eggs (VERY slowly so you don't cook the eggs).
- Pour the dry stuff into the wet stuff and mix it together.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18-20 mins or until it passes the toothpick test.