Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Love love the blackbery! These are really good with your favorite iced tea in the summer or hot tea in the winter.
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 12.32 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 177.44 ml butter
- 0.25 ml cinnamon, nutmeg
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 236.59 ml fresh blackberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sift all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter. Before you add the berries - mix in the buttermilk. Add berries.
- Knead to form dough. Form dough into 3-4 inch balls.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake 15 - 20 minutes.
- Remove to rakes to cool. Best served warm.
Delicious and simple to make! As suggested in another review, I substituted 1 cup of whole wheat flour for 1 cup of all-purpose flour to make the recipe a bit healthier. Otherwise I made it as directed, and the results were wonderful!
These are so very delicious! I had some BEAUTIFUL blackberries from the farmer's market to use, and DH requested scones. I don't consider myself a good scone maker, but this was easy to follow. The only difficulty I had was with the kneading; my dough was too wet. This could be b/c I used powdered buttermilk. The final product was wonderful though, and is definitely a keeper. I did sub 1/2 ww flour to give them a bit more "tooth", just based on personal preference. Thanks for posting, loveleesmile!
Sorry we didn't care for these