Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
It's true! The recipe is off the back of the Goya Can
- 1 (12 ounce) can black beans
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon goya sazon goya
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- salt and pepper
- In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat sautee the onion, and green pepper and oregano in olive oil until soft. (about 5 minutes)
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and simmer for an additional 8 minutes.
- Serve with medium or short-grained rice!
- If using fresh oregano (which I prefer) substitute about 1 tablespoon finely chopped.
I made this recipe as directed the first time and thought it needed something extra. I ended up adding some cider vinegar to it and let it simmer a little more and I also added extra onion and some Goya Seasoned salt. It tasted great after that.
These beans were less flavorful than expected. Even with the addition of sazon goya, they tasted very ordinary. I am rating this as is; perhaps some additional spices might enhance the recipe.
Yumm! I made this as directed, but wanted it to be more of a meal than a side dish so I threw in some sliced smoked turkey sausage that I had on hand and sauteed it in with the green peppers and onions. LOVED it-and so did my husband! Will definitely make again-a quick, easy & tasty meal!