Recipe by CHRISSYG
It's true! The recipe is off the back of the Goya Can
Top Review by keen5
I made this recipe as directed the first time and thought it needed something extra. I ended up adding some cider vinegar to it and let it simmer a little more and I also added extra onion and some Goya Seasoned salt. It tasted great after that.
- 1 (12 ounce) can black beans
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon goya sazon goya
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat sautee the onion, and green pepper and oregano in olive oil until soft. (about 5 minutes)
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and simmer for an additional 8 minutes.
- Serve with medium or short-grained rice!
- If using fresh oregano (which I prefer) substitute about 1 tablespoon finely chopped.